Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday Update

The Marsh Harbour Anchorage as the front approaches
You should be able to see green on the bottom of these clouds.  The reason I took this photo is because the water under these clouds (which you can't see) is such a vibrant aqua color that it refects back up to the cloud bottoms as green


Today, after listening to the cruiser's net this morning - which is a VHF broadcast for all the area boating cruisers, Doug and I decided that we'd catch a ferry from Marsh Harbour to Great Guana Cay and go to a well known restaurant and bar named Nippers.   We took the 10:30 ferry to Great Guana and took the short walk to Nippers.  Nippers is a cool spot which sits up on a dune line overlooking the atlantic ocean.   With the front approaching, the skies and seas were very interesting to see.  We had a couple of bloody marys and then ordered up some lunch.  Doug had the lobster wrap and I had a seared tuna with wasabi and soy sauce because I was missing Jan alot more than normal and that's what she'd be eating.  It was wonderful and I'll be bringing Jan to this spot for lunch/dinner when she comes back with me after the Atlanta race.

The front came through (which is always grand to watch on the water) and in mid afternoon, Doug and I walked the sandy paths from Nippers over to another bar/restaurant named Grabbers.  We sat there and talked with some other cruisers as the day's weather continued to deteriorate.    At 4:30 or so, we wandered over to the ferry dock and boarded the ferry for the 30 minute ride back to marsh harbour.   With the front coming through today, it was a better deal to take the ferry than to take the sailboat over - since we had a pretty good spot in the harbour and our anchor seems very well dug in.

Doug fixed the rest of the Mahi from the good folks we met at West End for dinner. It was great.  It's good to have someone aboard who likes to cook.   I'd eat hot dogs every day or just eat out all the time if it were up to me to cook.

No comments: