Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back from Talladega

I just got back yesterday from my Talladega Race trip. It was good to be back at work. I really enjoy the job. Nothing really to report other than a meeting we had with Dale Jarrett and Andy Petree. Andy Petree used to be a lot of things in Nascar including crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Sr. and part owner of one of Dale Jarrett's Busch series cars. Dale Jarrett is a famous race car driver (drove the 44 UPS car) who just retired.

Both of these guys are now Booth Announcers for ESPN. They came to our truck to learn more about our 'Draft Track' product so that they could announce it better during the race. It was really cool because Dale wanted to talk about racing and how this product related to his experience racing. One particular thing that was cool to me was Dale talking about how he was faster in one particular instance (involving "dirty air" turbulence and the wall) than another, I was able to explain to him why (aerodynamically). That was pretty cool. He seemed really glad to know why it happened.

The flight home was interesting. About halfway between Atlanta and Daytona, we lost cabin pressure. The pilot turned around and took us back to Atlanta. The good news is that they brought in another plane for us to take and we didn't have to be 'rebooked' on the other flights for the day. I got home just 2 and 1/2 hours later than I would. I though they did a good job with the problem.

No comments: