We spent the day getting ready for Fay to come and visit. Fay is currently a tropical storm and projected to barely become a class 1 hurricane as it's forecasted track brings it onshore around Ft. Meyers (the SW corner of the state). At this moment, it's projected to be on the western edge of our county on Wednesday early a.m. It's forecasted to be around 45 mph at the time. The wind in general shouldn't be a big event - although we would be in the worst quadrant for tornados (Jan's biggest fear in the world).
I leave at noon on tuesday, so I'll pretty much miss the main event, but we've gotten the house stocked up with everything that Jan & Gracie should need.
Today, I finished getting the boat prepared for hurricane season by taking down all the canvas, lashing the main sail cover and removing the foresail. I also doubled up all the dock lines and pulled the hull further away from the dock. You can see the difference in the 2 photos below:

1 comment:
So, how IS Gracie these days?? Hope you fared the storm well. We were pretty lucky this time.
Post a Comment