Thursday, May 10, 2007

Monday - Thursday

I've had a 'recuperating' week. When I got home monday, I was so tired - all I wanted to do was just sit in my easy chair. I haven't accomplished a lot since then - just a few things here and there. Bill and Michelle stopped overnight tuesday on their way back from Key West to the Outer Banks. I sold my honda 5hp outboard on ebay today. That's about it.
Tomorrow (friday), Jan and I will head back down to Vero Beach and spend the night on the boat. She'll leave on Saturday morning to come back home in the car and I'll sail the boat back home. It should take 2 days.

Here's some photos from the week:

Not long after taking off out of Atlanta airport on monday, I spotted the Atlanta motor speedway - where I worked in March


On the flight home - monday, we flew over the wildfires that are in the swamp in Georgia. Here's a couple of photos



Tuesday had very high 'wind driven' surf because of the system that was eventually named a subtropical storm. Here's a photo taken on the north side of the Sunglow pier

While at the pier, I was talking to some local surfers (guys around my age) who were just standing around looking at the surf. Some young kids (17/18 years old) came up and kinda made fun of them for not being out in the surf. They tried to paddle out and within 10 minutes they were going out of sight - probably about 1/4 mile south of the pier - paddling as hard as they could, but not getting out at all. It was kinda funny.


The winds shifted on wednesday and blew the smoke from the wildfires toward us. It was very hard to breathe outside. You can see the smoke in the distance on both of these photos

No comments: