
Jan and I were going to take the boat up to St. Augustine for Fri - Monday, but the engine oil leak that a mechanic has spent a LONG TIME working on - at 2 different times - still was not fixed and I didn't want to get oil all in the bilge. We were going to go up and stay at a marina for a couple of nights - so we could enjoy the boat's air conditioning at night. It's hot down here in Fl during the summer and I wasn't too excited about sleeping in the boat while at anchor in July. The air conditioning on the boat is dependent upon A/C electricity and we don't have a generator on the boat. The answer was simple and that's to pull into a marina for the night.
It didn't matter with the oil leak anyway. I'm supposed to be meeting with the mechanic again in the next day or so.
So, on thursday, we just decided to go to Savannah for the weekend. I've been through Savannah twice, but never stopped - so it would be a good trip for us to see the city for the first time. I booked a room at the Mulberry Inn for Fri and Sat nights. My 'priority club' membership (as well as Jan's suggesting it to the clerk) got us upgraded to a King Suite.

We had a nice time touring the town. We took a trolley tour (which I had always thought was kinda cheesy until we went on one in Key West and really enjoyed it) and learned a lot about the town. It was a good time.

On Saturday afternoon, we drove out to Tybee Island for a while. The photo below is of the Tybee Island Light House

1 comment:
Creepy blog commenter says, "Jan is looking pretty." Creepier blog poster says, " You own an iPhone... Wanna have sex?" ~OB
Post a Comment