Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Non-security

>
For some reason, the whole post did not show up below. Here's the
rest of it;

> As I was coming through security, they pulled my "carry on" bag off
> of the conveyor belt for closer inspection. After looking at a
> special adapter that I had in the bottom of the luggage and asking
> me what it was, the screener rubbed his hands all inside the bottom
> of the luggage against a small adjustable wrench that I had taped in
> there with black gaffers tape. I had put the wrench there on my
> last flight when I checked the bag and I forgot all about it.
> You're not supposed to "carry on" tools at all - I've even had some
> tools confiscated before.
>
> The screener even told me that the x-ray machine showed a small
> metal bar in the bottom of the luggage. How he missed what he was
> looking for -when he even ran his hands right across it is amazing.
>
> After he was done looking through the luggage, I offered to pack my
> stuff back in it for him. As I was doing so, I discovered the
> wrench that I had forgotten about.
>
> Maybe I disposed of it before my flight. Well, of course I did-
> right?
>
> So, this incident reminded ne of what I've known and proclaimed for
> a long time- the security at the airports is there for only one
> reason- that being to make us feel safe enough to buy tickets and
> continue to fly. Any one truley determined to get something on a
> plane will be able to do so. That adapter plug was shaped NOTHING
> like a small adjustable wrench.
>

No comments: