
I've always been one of those folks that didn't let gas prices bother me - and in fact - I'll try to stay that way. It being one of the many things in life that I have absolutely no control over. I do however, have SOME control over how much I need to use. A recent trip to NC has proven how much it all adds up.
I remember back in the 80's calculating how much it would cost in gasoline to go to California from NC. It was in the neighborhood of $100. I just drove from Daytona Beach to Winston-Salem, NC and then to Kitty Hawk and back to Daytona. The total gas cost was $323.64. That's a chunk of money for gas for that trip. My car is not by any means a Prius, but it's not a Hummer either. The Element gets around 21 mpg on the freeway.
I suspect a lot of people are having to look seriously at their driving plans for the foreseeable future.

No comments:
Post a Comment