Saturday, November 21, 2009

The week in Key Largo/Homestead



The view from my room

I'm at the final race of the season. It's a wonderful thing to be at the end of a season and have that "last day of school" feeling. We're staying at the Hilton Resort in Key Largo and since we're all Hilton Honors Gold VIP members, we've all been upgraded to nice waterfront rooms. I'm really enjoying getting up before sunrise and watching the sky light up the and water go from black, to steely grey to blue.

The crew has such a fun time here and I'm very happy I work with such a fun group of people.
Our Crew here in Homestead.

After Sunday's race, we'll break down the equipment for the last time - until Daytona in February. I'll be heading off to the Bahamas for the winter in my boat. My buddy Rick Jacob will spend December with me - helping me take the boat over. We'll then fly back, I'll spend Christmas at home and then Jan and I will fly back to the boat for the month of January.

I plan to keep the blog updated during the winter.

No comments: