Friday, December 11, 2009

The longest day....2

This morning we got up and got the boat ready to tow it to Guana Cay. During the night, I had an idea to tow it to Guana where I could put it on a mooring ball instead of anchoring in Marsh Harbour. The advantage is that you don't have to worry about the anchor dragging if the wind pipes up to 30 + knots. I called Troy at Dive Guana and got a monthly rate for a mooring ball that was a good deal and so we towed to Guana Cay.

We left from Spanish Cay at 11:15 under tow. The conditions were not lovely. We saw winds over 25 knots and seas of 4 or more feet. This is not so bad when under sail, but it was kinda sucky while being towed without an sail up. We towed for 4 hours - sometimes at speeds of 8 knots. Our tow guides brought us through the back way - Don't rock passage - instead of us having to risk going out through the Whale Cay passage which would have been treacherous. We arrive before 4pm and tied up to a mooring.

We sent to Nippers - on the beach for a very strong drink and then to Grabbers for another strong drink and dinner.

Tonight, it is blowing 15 - 20 knots, but I will sleep very well with earplugs in. I will also sleep late - at least until 7 am or so.

No comments: