Friday, December 14, 2007

Posting to the Blog

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks and my posts in general have gotten leaner.   There's a couple of reasons for this, but the most overwhelming reason has to do with something that's happening in my life that has me very troubled.

In short - I'm being sued in civil court - both Federal and State.   This has been going on since June, but at first I didn't even take it seriously, then I started taking  it more seriously by getting a local lawyer - THEN I had to take it really seriously by getting a federal case lawyer.  I can't go into details on the blog and in fact, I don't really like talking about it at all which is one of the reasons  that (up until right now) very few of my friends  have even known about it. Suffice it to say - that  I didn't do anything immoral  or evil - rather I just pissed off the wrong person and they are now using the courts to show me who's boss.

Likely, we will have to sell everything we own except the house (which is protected in FL from judgement) by the time this is over. We currently have no more liquid assets.  It has put me through a tremendous roller coaster of emotions like you can't believe.  I've spent more on lawyers in the last 6 months than you can fathom.  If  it wasn't for my wonderful wife reminding me that we've 'not had money before' and that it'll be okay, then I'd be crazy by now. I've lost many a nights sleep over this and gone days in a very depressed mode.   I'm just along for the ride at this point. 

So - there, I've put it out there for my friends to know.  If  you think you need more details, feel free to ask me on the phone.  It's a long, slow process that has very little update from one week to the next and I really prefer not being asked 'how it's going' in regard to this.  I can't talk about it without getting angry.

I won't bring it up again on the blog (except maybe when it's all over) and I'm going to try to get back to normal postings.   I just had to put this out there because I felt like I was omitting something very large in my life on the blog.

1 comment:

Jamie Shelden said...

Love you buddy! Just wanted you to know that :-)