Saturday, December 15, 2007

Random Stuff

I've been spending a lot of my time at the marina lately working on the boat.  Since I work college football, there's a lull in my schedule, so it gives me some time to catch up on some neglected areas of the boat.

While  there,  just like anytime you spend some time around the water, you get to see some pretty as well as interesting things.   Below is a photo of a water fowl that was swimming close to the boat.  I noticed something on it's back and upon closer examination, it's a radio transmitter (I assume  it's  not a receiver - unless this is a  remote control bird).   I'm guessing that someone is tracking the habit's of  this type  of bird.   I wonder how they keep the transmitter attached.

I had to take a photo of the reflection of the sky in the perfectly calm water.  I was standing on my boat looking toward the north in the photo below.  That's the radar dome on my boat in the foreground.
Here's a photo from a couple of weeks ago.  ABC put us up in the Hyatt Riverfront on the St. Johns River in Jacksonville.   Since it was the ACC championships, someone splurged for some pretty spectacular fireworks.   I was already asleep when the show started at 10pm and it startled me like you can't believe!!  After I realized I wasn't waking up in  Bagdad, I enjoyed the show from my 16th floor balcony.

We've had banana trees since we lived on Harborview Dr in Kill Devil Hills, but this is the first time we've actually had bananas.  I just noticed them  a few weeks ago.  They aren't very big, but at least they're bananas.

No comments: