On the down side - it's amazingly crowded. They estimate 500,000 people. It's also amazingly noisy - and it's noisy ALL-THE-TIME. Loud pipes suck and people who ride with them are generally rude and selfish ego idiots. The local police always brag that they're going to 'crack down this year' because of all the complaints from the people who live here - but you can see no evidence of it.
Anyway, I get out for a couple of hours a day on my bike and ride to different one of the central vendor areas to see what's for sale. Since I have no plans to spend lots of money on a bike or even lots of money on my bike, I usually get bored pretty early. I did talk to the Honda Generator people for a while yesterday trying to figure out my best generator options for my boat. Side note: did you know Honda made 'waverunner' style water craft?. I don't think I did until I saw them yesterday.
Here's some random photos from the event.
I've seen a number of greatly abused and burnt bikes. Seems almost like a trend. People seem to be riding them, although I've only seen them parked.

Here's a nice futuristic looking bike.

Some new Choppers lined up for sale.
V-8 engined bikes appear to be getting popular - at least there's a lot of them for sale.


No comments:
Post a Comment