
So, when did Easter become another Christmas. Seriously - I was in Walmart today and had to take a photo of the Easter Baskets. They were 4 feet tall and crammed with toys. This one has a full size 'slot car' racetrack in it as well as a lot of other stuff. Somehow I missed the memo of when kids were getting this kind of spoiling.
RSS FEEDS
Also, I've been thinking lately about something that I'm finding few people know about on their computers. It's called an RSS feed. I started using RSS feeds last year to keep up with when someone places a new post on their blog. Prior to that, I had been going to their blog on a daily basis to see if it was updated. When I realized I could EASILY set the RSS feeder to notify me - it was great. My discussions with a lot of folks has lead me to believe that many people are not aware of the RSS feed. So, I will take a minute to tell you how to set it up.
First of all, not all computers can do this. Actually, it's more related to the browser than the computer - but in short - no mom, yours won't do this. It requires an operating system that's less than 4 years old.
If you look up in the URL window of this blog (where you type in the address of the webpage you want to go to) you will probably see a blue "RSS" on the right side of it. If so, when you click on that RSS, you will get a new page and address that is the RSS version of the page. If you 'bookmark' this new address then everytime you look at the bookmark it will indicate if there's a new post. It's that simple. I've put all of my RSS blog feeds on my browser menu. When I click on (what I have named) RSS BLOGS, it lists all of the blogs that I read everyday and it either has a (1), a (2) or nothing beside of it. If it's nothing - then there's no updates. The number in the parenthesis are how many new posts.
You'll notice that the RSS feed has a slightly different look than the normal blog. All you have to do is click on the blue RSS to change over to the actual blog and not the feed. Pretty dang handy if you keep up with as many blogs as I do - which is currently about 10-12.
BOAT UPDATE
Well, I'm sick of working in cramped places. It's good that I got the brunt of the work done today. Now it's all just a bunch of small tasks that I'll take care of on Sat and Sun. The current plan is to head south on Monday morning. I just heard from my buddy Jim Lee (from Stardust). You may remember I met up with he, Kathy and Rachel in January down in Vero. He's been in the Bahamas for a month or more and they will sail up to meet us when we get there. That's cool.
More later

No comments:
Post a Comment