A manatee plays in the a/c water outlet on a boat near mine today. Man o man have I been busy for the last few days. I've even neglected calling my mom. (I'll call you on tuesday mom) Leaving on a 3-6 week trip always does this to me. I'll be heading out of the harbour around 7 am tomorrow morning (tuesday) and heading south. I'm starting a day later than I'd planned, but oh well - it is- what it is.
I've been working so hard to get the boat ready to the degree that I wanted it. I think I got it 95% done. The rest will just have to wait. It's so funny that I bought a nearly perfect boat - but keep making it 'better'.
This trip is multi-faceted. I should make Ft. Lauderdale by friday pm. Doug will join me there and we'll try to cross to the Bahamas (from Miami) on the first opportunity. If we don't cross by tuesday - we'll probably stay in the U.S. He needs to fly out of the Bahamas on the following saturday and Jan needs to fly in - to meet me around the following Sunday. This time of year is a lot of 'hit and miss' regarding weather. You can get pinned down for days in the lee of an island, so we need enough time to make sure we can make it to one of the islands with an airport.
I'll be posting fairly short posts - but with lots of photos in the next few weeks. Most of it from my phone.

No comments:
Post a Comment