Monday, April 23, 2007

Photos from Boat Trip

Well the sailing trip was very good overall. We had good weather in general with a few bad weather days thrown in just to keep it interesting.

The boat currently sits on a mooring in Vero Beach and will hang out there until sometime around the 8th of May when I return from my next 2 races. I'm happy with where it's sitting. I'm only slightly concerned about mildew/moisture in the boat. I left the foreward most and rearward most hatches in the "air can get in, but rain 'shouldn't" mode. I also hung up 3 of the large 'damp-rid' dehumidifiers. It's only about 3 weeks, so I think it will be fine.

Here's a couple of interesting things about coming back ashore after being on a boat for almost 3 weeks.

1. Jan and I were in the car and I saw something that I wanted to see closer up - so I started to reach for the binoculars.

2. We returned from being out yesterday and the light was left on in the closet at home and I had a momentary worry about the battery drain.

Photos:
Underway

Navy Submarine during manuevers off of Dania Beach

Sunrise at Ft. Pierce

Dolphin on the Port Bow in the St. John's River

The lighthouse at Jupiter Inlet

Downtown Miami from the Anchorage



3 Photos of Stiltsville. Stiltsville is a (decreasing) group of houses built in the water south of Key Biscayne.

Moored at the reef near the Sand Key Light

No comments: