Friday, June 08, 2007

Short update

I can't believe it's friday already. It's been a long and busy week. We worked hard all day on monday and still drove the 3+ hours to Pocono after breaking down the equipment after the race.

We're staying at a resort in the Pocono Mountains in NE Pennsylvania. This race is a changeover race where we're changing from FOX for Nextel Cup races - to Turner Broadcasting for the next 6 weeks. Then we'll change to ESPN. Freaky how it works.

Changing the truck compound over is a real job and we've had a real challenge all week to make it happen. It's friday afternoon and we're still not there - but we're very close.

I'm staying in a "villa" in the resort. It's basically a condo that was built sometime in the early 80's (I guess). It's got 2 bedrooms downstairs with a whirlpool tub and sauna. Upstairs is a living room complete with gas log fireplace and full kitchen. A back deck overlooks the golf course. The drawback is that there's no internet connection except for 'dial-up' and so I don't spend any time in the evenings/mornings updating the blog. I expect to have time in the next couple of days.

From here it will be onto the Michigan race which is about 90 minutes west of Detroit. From there I'll go back home (the first time in 3 weeks).

No comments: