Monday, November 20, 2006

Back home and happy about it

Indiana in the winter just was not my favorite place. The 'local' guy that they hired to help me this week lives in Indianapolis. While we were walking to lunch on friday, I told him that the area reminded me of Germany in the winter. The majority of the times I've been to to Germany - it's been wintertime and it was always cold and overcast - sometimes raining - sometimes snowing. He told me that there's many German settled towns in Indiana for that very reason. The climate reminded the German immigrants of home.

Not my thing.

With all the photos I've taken in Indiana - this week AND last week - I tried to go into photoshop and boost the colors a little and enhance the saturation. Still, looks very dreary. Here's a couple of photos of the Purdue stadium




So, I'm home until Thrusday night - when I'll drive to Tallahassee to cover a big Florida game. #4 Florida versus Florida State. It's an approximate 4 hour drive and so I won't have to deal with Thanksgiving air traffic.

My buddy Tim Ettridge has started keeping a blog. Tim is an adverturous guy who travels the world doing the things he wants to do. Currently he's commited a couple of years to sailboat racing and especially a 35,000 mile circumnavigtion race called the Clipper.

Anyway, Tim has a recent post about a night where the Dolphin were playing around his boat in highly bioluminescent water. Jan and I have experienced bioluminescent water in a lot of places including the east coast, costa rica and the Virgin Islands - but this story is awesome. For those who have never experienced it - it's reminds you of fireflies but in the water. It's a plankton that glows green when it's disturbed. It's a wonderful post and you can click below to read it.

http://international-bozo-of-leisure.blogspot.com/2006/11/six-hour-dance-of-bioluminescent.html

No comments: