Saturday, July 21, 2012

Another active day

Keeping with my promise to myself of more activity,  today I decided to partake in 2 separate sports.  The first one was a good 'carve boarding' session on the only hill around here.

About 10 years ago, Jan bought me a carve board for my birthday.  A carve board is sort of a cross between a skateboard and a surfboard.  It has big grippy tires and it 'carves' like a surf board.  It's a lot of fun and I used to ride it fairly often on the hills on the Outer Banks.  

Once we moved to Florida, I didn't ride it again until today!  It was a fun - thigh burning workout and I hope to make it more of a habit.

The video below is a music video of carve boarding that I made for The Pit Surfshop on the Outer Banks.  The band is Fighting Gravity and all the footage of the band was shot at The Pit.

Fighting Gravity

The Pit | Myspace Video



In the afternoon, I took the beach cruiser bike over to the beach and had a good hour long ride while listening to some good tunes.

Afterward, while sitting on the beach looking out at the waves, I was reminded of what a good life I have.  I hope I don't ever forget it.  I am a fortunate fellow.

From there, I headed up the beach and checked out the new roof top bar on the pier.  I've been having some more problems with my stomach and so I thought it was time to do a medical test to see if my stomach could handle beer.   I'm happy to report that it all seems just fine!
The view from the roof-top bar on the pier.


For anyone who's interested to know, I'm still getting plenty of 'house work' done as well.  I got some work in the yard done as well as some work in the garage.  It's not ALL fun and games!   :)

No comments: