My Sunday and Monday have been good. Sunday (yesterday) I started off at SERENITY where I had to install the AC unit (again) after the technician was done working on it (again). I started off early to try and beat the summer heat that builds up in a boat without AC. I got it all installed, wired it up and plumbed it up. It started up perfectly and then shut off after about 4 minutes with the 'high pressure' code showing on the controller. I think I have a bad high pressure switch on it now. The tech is supposed to go by the boat and check it out sometime today. He's not super dependable, so he'll probably get around to it sometime this week. Anyway, by the time I was done I was completely drenched in sweat from working down in the bilge of the boat. Hey, it's Florida and its fine when you emerge from the boat and into the sea breeze all wet like that.
I then gave Serenity a good bath and dried her down. She looked happy.
![]() |
| A clean sloop and a sweaty owner. |
I got a little business work done throughout the day and then went for a bike ride on the beach at low-ish tide. Enjoyed the sounds of the Zac Brown Band and reconnected with one of their songs that means a lot to me : "Quiet your mind". It's worth a listen. If you don't have it on your iPod, I'd recommend it.
I hear the waves
Sun beatin' down on my shoulders
It's a near-perfect day
Wishin' I wouldn't get any older
They say that it's gone 'fore you know it now
Quiet your mind
Soak it all in
It's a game you can't win
Enjoy the ride
I feel the change
Goin' on all around me
It's strange
How I'm taken and guided
Where I end up right where I'm needed to be
Quiet your mind
Soak it all in
It's a game you can't win
Enjoy the ride
At the end of the water
A red sun is risin'
And the stars are all goin' away
And if you're too busy talkin'
You're not busy listenin'
To hear what the land has to say
Quiet your mind
I hear the waves
Sun beatin' down on my shoulders
It's a near-perfect day
Wishin' I wouldn't get any older
They say that it's gone 'fore you know it and
Soak it all in
It's a game you can't win
Enjoy the ride
I spent some time finishing up a video I've been working on this week. I'll likely share it here soon.
Today, (monday) began with an excellent bike ride on my Trek 7200 (hybrid bike). I picked a great set of songs and had my heart rate over 140 for the entire ride - over 150 for about 30% and peaked at 165! It's all about the tunes! The B-52s, Limp Bizkit and Pink helped me crank it up well. It was a good hour+ long ride.
After my second meal of oatmeal, I headed over to the beach with the cruiser again - but noticeably earlier than yesterday and the wind conspired with the clock to have the tide too high for a beach ride. Probably just as well because a nasty line of thunderstorms was trying hard to push east against the sea breeze and I probably would have been a few miles down the beach when it hit.
![]() |
| The beach near a local park. You can see the thunder storm line trying to push eastward. |




No comments:
Post a Comment