Yeah, so I said I was going to update the blog more often - that's not been going so well. I'll try to do better.
So here's what's happened in the last few weeks - mostly explained in photos.
The middle of June had me in Michigan for a NASCAR race. The track is located about an hour and a half from Detroit in the small town of Brooklyn, MI. This track - like many - are in the middle of nowhere and so there are few hotels near the track. For that reason, we stay in Ann Arbor, MI. Ann Arbor is a nice college town with lots of good eateries. The drawback is that it's a 45 minute drive (each way) to the track. That really adds to your work day. The 3 photos below are from the Michigan track.
From Michigan, I flew directly to San Francisco for the Sonoma Race. Rather than fly all the way back to Florida on monday - just to get on a plane again early on tuesday, I spent a layover day in the Bay Area.
My long time buddy - Tim is going through a tough time in his life right now and it was important to me to spend some time with him. Tim and I met in Los Gatos and had dinner and then walked to the park and had an excellent reminiscing session. Tim is an inspiration to me and he'll always have a special place in my heart.
The next day found me in the crew hotel in Napa, California. for a week of NASCAR work. The following photos are from that week.
 |
| This is the courtyard at the hotel we stay at in Napa. I have breakfast out by this pond with the ducks swimming around. It's peaceful. |
 |
| Barry - from the TV show Storage Wars was in the TV compound in Sonoma. I had to have a chat with him and take a photo. He's the best character on that show! |
 |
| Almost every day had us stopping at a winery on the way back to the hotel to sample the wine. This photo is from the rack in one of the wineries. |
 |
| A year ago, I helped my niece Nicole get a job at Sportvision and so I am VERY lucky to get to work with her. She's like a daughter to me. This is Nicole and I at Laird Winery. |
 |
| This is Nicole and I at Silver Oak winery. I liked the wine so much there that I bought a $117 bottle of wine. Sheesh! |
 |
| This is the back of the main grandstand at the Sonoma track. Notice the jets putting on an airshow. |
After Sonoma, I headed home for a week off. Starting on July 3rd, I began a week of work at the Daytona Track. This race is especially good for me because I can work it from home.
 |
| After our first 'set' day, 2 of the crew (Jack and Drew) and myself took my sailboat SERENITY for a trip down the river to have dinner at a local restaurant. It was good to get her out of the slip again. |
 |
| Jack is good photographer and took this photo of me while we were underway. |
While I was working the Americas Cup last year, I met an awesome Scottish lad whom I worked closely with. He's a big fan of the movie Talladega Nights and so I convinced him to come down to Daytona and experience the race with me after the Rhode Island Americas Cup series the week prior.
 |
| Al and I on the roof at the Daytona Speedway |
 |
| Sunset at the Speedway |
 |
| One of my favorite bands - Train - played a concert before the race. Of course my favorite song of their (Drops of Jupiter) was very last. |
So after the Daytona Race, I got on a plane and headed to New Hampshire. The race there is in Loudon - about 35 minutes north of Manchester where we stayed.
 |
| The day before I left to go to NH there was a big thunderstorm and it started a fire near our neighborhood. This photo is taken from the street in front of our house. |
 |
| This is the view out my hotel window in NH. The hotel is planted right in centerfield of the local minor league baseball team. |
 |
| Manchester NH is just 1 hour north of Boston and so Sam Adams is big in the area. The local distributor had a 'tasting' night while we were there. |
 |
| Taken from the airplane leaving Daytona. This is the marina where my boat is. |
 |
| The view of Daytona beach from the plane. |
And that catches us.
Bonus Pic:
 |
| Jan sent me this picture of my boy while I was in NH. |
No comments:
Post a Comment