Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Headed Home on Monday


After we finished breaking down the gear - post race - on Sunday, we drove to Philadelphia to stay in an "airport hotel". We often do this where the drive to the airport on monday morning would be tough. Dover is about 90 minutes from Philly, so it makes sense to stay near the airport instead of making the early morning drive.

We almost always stay in nice hotels: Hyatts, Sheratons, Marriotts etc, but occasionally we stay in really nice hotels. The airport hotel we stayed in Sunday night was the Renaissance. It had a really cool lobby as you can see above. I spent a total of 8 hours in the hotel - 6 of them asleep, so I didn't really get to take advantage of the luxury that it offered. Nice bed though.

The flight from Philly to Orlando sent me right over Winston-Salem - the town I grew up in. The weather was perfect so I was able to see the mountain I used to hang glide off of - to the north as well as my mom and dad's house to the south.






One of my favorite parts of living in Florida is the clouds that we get. This low cloudbase and benign cumulus clouds (that often give way to much less benign cumulus later in the day) is a routine sight.

1 comment:

Jamie Shelden said...

Mmmm....love those Florida clouds!!