Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What can you do regarding the financial crisis that we're hearing about right now?

I just sent an email out to my close friends. It's pasted below:

To my friends,

Please take the 2 minutes needed to finish my email. It’s not a forwarded ‘copy and pasted’ email. These are my own written words - some are gathered from media sources, but I put this email together myself.

I am not one to ask other people to get involved with things that I believe are important politically – because I know that I certainly don’t have the answers to much. This is not a political message. It's an American citizen message.

I have to tell you that I think that it’s important for us to let our opinions be known to the people who are about to make the decisions on bailing out these financial institutions by loaning OUR money to the tune of 700 billion dollars.

Once all of this financial ‘crisis’ info got intense in the national news, I decided it was time for me to find out for myself (not just get my info from the big news channels) what was going on.

I turned to my financial guru – Dave Ramsey. I got the quick simple rundown (as Dave is very good at) and got his opinion of what to do about it. Once I decided to contact (by email) my Senators and Congressman – it took me a total of 8 minutes to get my view to them. I streamlined it and made it even simple for you to do this – IF you agree with my opinion (the same as Dave Ramsey’s opinion). I don’t want to convince you of anything – rather – if you’re like me (and most Americans) you don’t know enough to form a complete opinion.

First of all – listen to Dave Ramsey’s simple breakdown of what’s going on by clicking below:
Here


After listening to that, if you think you can spare 8 minutes to try to keep your government from overspending your money, then follow my simple instructions below.

Find your Senators by clicking below and follow the links to send them an email form.
Here

copy and paste the message below: (as Dave said in the audio link above - this is already on the table in Washington and they'll know what it means- you're just not likely to hear it on the nightly news. It's not a new and 'unheard of' concept to your Congressmen)


Change the mark-to-market accounting law and extend insurance but extend no loans. If you extend loans - if you borrow the money on the national debt in order for us to all go into the mortgage business to the tune of a trillion dollars – I’m going to fire your butt and send you home.


Find your Representative by clicking below and doing the same thing:
Here


Contact the Senate Committee that’s dealing with this by clicking below and doing the same thing:
Here


A lot of crap that government does affects us in small ways. Of course all those small ways add up - but this is a BIG deal. Please form your own opinion - I'm not trying to convince you of anything - but if you've wondered what you can do about this mess - here's a easy chance for you to use your voice.

Feel free to use this in any way you want. If you want to send it to someone else, that's fine. If you have a blog and think it's important - chop it up and use it any way you want.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I promise that I won't make a habit of this.

No comments: