Thursday, September 04, 2008

Miss Janella Aground Again


My first cruising boat - a 26 foot Grampian Sloop now lives on a mooring in the town that I live in. I bought Miss Janella from a charity in 2001. In 2003, I decided to completely refit her. I then sailed her from Kitty Hawk to Key West. She spent the winter in Key West with us and then I brought her up to our new home in Port Orange in late May 2005. Sometime later that year, I advertised her in the paper for sale and she was snapped up by a local guy. The marina where I kept her then go bought out by a condo developer, so everyone in that marina had to move their boats elsewhere. Marina slips are on a 2 year average wait list and so the new owner decided to moor her out - just about 200 yards off the ICW.

This time (because of TS Fay) is not the first time she's broken away from her mooring and in times past - I've gone to the guy's house to let him know. I'm going to just mind my own business this time.

No comments: