Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Update from Vero


Jim, Kathy and Rachael (as well as whitefoot) at the dingy dock.

I'm currently in Vero Beach and we (Jim, Kathy, Rachael and I) are going south today about 30 miles to Stuart, FL. From there, I'll turn back north and head home and should be there on Saturday. That'll give me a week on my shakedown cruise.

To remind you of who Jim Lee is - he's a national champion hang glider pilot who has retired from hang gliding. The Lees lived for years in Taos New Mexico where Jim was on the Ski Patrol. He moved a few years ago to central FL where he was a Sailplane instructor and now he and his family cruise on their hunter 450. You can see previous stories about them in my blog.

In reference to the blog post below - Jim won a Gold Medal in the hang gliding XC world championships in 1993 and I won a gold medal in the hang gliding speed championships in Greece in 2000. That's why we're both FAI Gold medal holders.

No comments: