Saturday, January 20, 2007

Southbound

After more than a week delay, SERENITY will leave the slip early this morning as the sun comes up. For numerous reasons (including Snowy's death), my trip south has been delayed, but by the time anyone reads this - Jan and I will be headed south.

Jan will be with me for just today and in fact - I don't know how long I'll be gone (but I do know that I have to be back for work at the end of the month).

We had some bad weather earlier during the week and then as we got near the weekend, Jan said she had saturday off, so I devised a plan to to take her car to Titusville yesterday and leave it there. She will go to Titusville with me today (around 50 miles) and we'll dingy ashore to her car and then she'll either come back tonight or stay on the boat with me and leave from Titusville very early in the morning on Sunday.

I'll be posting mostly from my cell phone - so it'll be more photos than words - until I go ashore and find internet access.

While at the Titusville Marina yesterday - there was a herd of Manatees playing in the basin. Here's a couple of photos.



In the photo below, you can see the head of a manatee (see the arrow) sticking up out of the water. It is drinking fresh water as it drops off the dingy hanging above the manatee.

No comments: