Yesterday morning, I left Great Guana Cay at 8:30 and motorsailed across the Whale to Green Turtle Cay. I anchored here in White Sound. Yesterday's weather was very unstable - being prefrontal and there were thunderstorms all afternoon. Last night, the front came through and the wind blew around 30 knots all night. The wind is supposed to calm down some today and then pipe back up again tonight. On Wednesday, it's supposed to lay down significantly.
My current float plan is to leave here tomorrow afternoon and head north about 12-15 miles to Powell Cay where I'll anchor for the night in the lee of the Cay. Thursday morning, I'll cross the majority of the Little Bahama Bank to a small Cay called Mangrove Cay where I'll anchor in the lee of that Cay. Around 2 am or so on Friday, I'll weigh anchor there and head for Ft. Pierce, FL. I currently have a buddy boat - Free Spirit - which is another Irwin 38 and the captain Jerry has done this crossing numerous times.
All of this is based on current weather forecasts and could change. Once I leave here tomorrow, I'll be out of any kind of communication range until I get to Florida, while I cross the 'land of unanswered questions' again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment