

On tuesday, I rode my motorcycle in the most 'non-road-clogging' manner as possible up to Destination Daytona to get a new front tire put on. Oddly enough, with Daytona being one of the motorcycle capitals of the world, it is hard to get a tire put on a bike except at the dealer - who really charges way too much.
With bike week in town, there are vendors operating under tents with every service you can imagine, so I took advantage of that to get my front tire replaced.
While that was being taken care of, I walked the exhibits and there - amongst all the other specialty bikes was a bike built on a radial engine. It may be the only one in the world. I waited around quite a while to hear it start up, but they were having battery problems and I never heard it run. I'll bet it sounded quite sweet.
Currently, I'm in Atlanta working the races. It's supposed to be around 40 degrees tomorrow - FOR THE HIGH!!. Oh well, back in Bahamas on wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment