In about an hour or so, I'll weigh anchor here in White Sount (Green Turtle Cay) and head over to the fuel dock to top off the fuel tanks. I'll then head north about 2.5 hours to Powell Cay where I'll anchor and clean the boat bottom (for less drag). Jerry - from Free Spirit is waiting on his crew to arrive and he'll come up and join me before dark.
Last evening, I had dinner with 2 couples on "Raven" a Cape Dory 36. I stopped by their boat to ask about how much anchor rode they had out and David and Hilde (from Brenham Texas) asked me if I'd like to join them and the couple from "Duet" for dinner. I accepted and had a wonderful time talking with them all over pasta and brownies. It's so neat all the people you meet when doing this. Not a single neighbor at any house I've lived in during the past 18 years has ever asked me to dinner (nor have I asked them) - yet these folks - fellow yachties - who'd known me for a total of 90 seconds asked me to dinner AND it was a wonderful time. The kindship of like minds goes a long ways.
This will be my last post until I make landfall on friday (predicted).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment