Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sunset, Regattas and Waterspouts


Last night's sunset at Grabbers - where I've been spending 70% of my time and 90% of my money

The photo above is not unusual at all.  The only difference between last night and the other nights is the fact I took my camera.  That's why I haven't felt the need to move to another island.  Add to that the fact that the folks at Grabbers are becoming like family - and it's pretty near perfect.



This morning, I was washing down the deck on Serenity and as I looked toward the south, I saw a waterspout.  I stood there and watched it for a couple of minutes when I realized I should take a photo.  I went below and retrieved the camera, but the waterspout wasn't nearly as defined and large as it was when I first saw it.



I fixed some lunch on the boat and then watched a small regatta of sailing dingys being followed around by 2 motorboats.  It was a bunch of kids - about 10 years old or so - being taught a sailing class.  I grabbed the camera and took about 50 photos of the small regatta.  One of the guys teaching the class came over later and asked if I'd email him some of the photos.   I told him I'd be happy to put them on my thumbdrive and bring them over for him to download onto his computer.   Later, I did just that and they were all very happy to have the photos.

Tonight is 'baby back rib night' at Grabbers.  I've heard they're really good.  I'll let you know.

No comments: