Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Florida Christmas


I went home to North Carolina for a quick Christmas there. Christmas is a big deal to my mom and so it's important that we always be there during the family celebration. We've alway celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve at my mom's and so even though Jan had to work all the way through Christmas, I drove up on Saturday and then left Monday morning (Christmas Day) to head home to Florida and spend Christmas with Jan - after she got off work It was a fun trip but I was 'wiped' when I got back home.

The photo at the top of this posting is taken by a friend of mine Mark Morgan. Mark applied some cool photoshop techniques to the photo to make it look like it's frozen. The photo is taken at one of my favorite spots in the Keys. It's at Bahia Honda (which means deep bay) just south of the 7 mile bridge. The bridge in the photo was first the railway bridge and then they put the road on TOP of the bridge. It's now abandoned and they took a section out of the bridge so that sailboats could get into the bay and anchor there. I've never been there in a sailboat - but I hope to spend a night there at anchor one night.

You can see Marks website by clicking on the link below:
http://mmorganphotography.com/

No comments: