The Stadium is very very small. I've heard that it's capacity is 7000 - which when you compare it to other places I've worked this year is less than a tenth the size.

We had a slow set up day due to the fact that the place is not 'cabled' for TV. Still we're in good shape as of friday night for the Saturday afternoon game.
The hotel that I'm staying at is pretty grand - architecturally. It was origianally built in the late 1800's and reopened in it's current granduer in 1995. The rooms are nice, but the building itself is pretty awesome.

Tonight, I walked into downtown Roanoke (about 3 blocks away) and found a Christmas festival complete with road closures - a large steel drum band playing Christmas music and all kinds of 'county fair' type booths. It was quite nice. It's the kinda thing that Jan would REALLY have enjoyed seeing.

Jan happens to be at her high school (which was also my high school) tonight. 21 years ago Jan was crowned homecoming queen and tonight her niece Amy was on the same stage - 21 years later in the homecoming court as well. Jan decided to travel back to NC to be there for support.
I just received a text message from Jan that Amy was elected Homecoming queen tonight. I'm sure Jan is having a great time and is all proud!

No comments:
Post a Comment