
I grew up in Winston-Salem, NC - the home of Wake Forest University. In 1979, Wake Forest actually had a good football team and they made it to the Tangerine Bowl - where they got their butt kicked. I went to every home game that year and really followed the team closely with my buddy Danny Pope.
Then hang gliding happened and I haven't cared about a team sport since then.
This weekend, I'm working the ACC Championships in Jacksonville, FL and it happens that Wake Forest has a good football team again this year. They are playing Georgia Tech for the ACC title.

The really cool part is that whomever wins this game will go on to compete in the Orange Bowl - which I'm working as well. So, for the first time this year - I actually care who wins a game that I'm working.

No comments:
Post a Comment