Monday, December 04, 2006

The Grampian Anchors Out


The boat that I redid from the ground-up is a 1972 Grampian 26. I sold it in August of 2005 while it sat in the Port Orange Marina. Click Here for a photo of the Grampian at Port Orange Marina.

The Marina was recently sold as part of the new RiverWalk Condo Project that is supposed to happen in the coming years and so all boats in the Marina had to vacate by November 1. It's tough because it's nearly impossible to get into a marina in florida. There's a mulit-year waiting list for all marinas. The easiest way is to buy a boat currently in a slip that the owner has no interest in keeping. This is what we did with Serenity.

So, as I was coming over the Port Orange bridge, I looked on the north side of the causeway and instantly recognized the profile of "Miss Janella" sitting at anchor. I suppose the current owner was not able to find a slip anywhere and so had to put her on the 'hook' in the river. She's the boat on the right.

P.S. Thanks Jeff-O, for the html tip

No comments: