Thursday, December 28, 2006

This Past Week


Toward the end of last week, Snowy started feeling bad. She wasn't being herself (an eating/sleeping/pooping machine). Her personality changed dramatically and she started throwing up and having other problems of the sort. I took her to the vet on Friday and he put her on an IV to put some fluids back into her. A shot of antibiotics, some medicine to take home and pay the lady $368. He also took some blood for a test to see if she had liver problems. A call from him on saturday confirmed that the liver had problems but not bad.

She has slowly been getting better - with a lot of help from Jan and I. Sometimes she acts normal except for her appetite. We're able to make sure she's not losing weight. Hopefully she'll be well soon.

Photo above is of her in her 'luggage prison' waiting on the doc.



On the way to Winston-Salem for Christmas Eve, I swung off of I95 and into Brunswick GA. It's a neat little town that Jan and I have been looking at for possible future stuff. The photo above is of the shrimp boats tied up to the dock.

The photo below is at the Brunswick Marina. It's a modified Grampian 26 - like the one that I refurbed a few years ago. Notice it's ports - very sleek looking from a distance. Not so nice close up. This one was sailed to GA from Canada (where they were made).

No comments: